Firebird: International English Edition published
That’s it then, done. It even seems that Amazon’s “Look Inside” feature has updated itself reasonably quickly this time.
Changes in the latest edition:
- Cover updated to reflect text style being used for Thunder.
- Improved dedication page
- Improved Map pages layout
- Consistent use of surnames throughout
- Almost 20,000 single quotes manually reset to double quotes and vice versa (and, no, as far as I can work out – and courtesy of apostrophes, thoughts and quotations – there is no automatic way to do this accurately…)
- Changed to International English spelling (where relevant)
- Re-edited to (hopefully) improve the ease-of-reading and flow – no changes to underlying storyline.
FYI: The first of the Alpha Readers are finished with Thunder, and the second round of Alpha readers have started… Here are a couple of very quick soundbites from Thunder’s first rounds of feedback:
- “A triple AAA read… move over Firebird.” […doh!]
- ” …it made me question some of my own approach to the world around me…”
So far, so good! At least a complete re-write doesn’t look like it’s going to be necessary!
I’ll be posting the draft blurb here in a few days time… [gulp] and I’ll be really interested to hear what you think of it…
Posted on June 19, 2012, in Books, Firebird, Previews, Thunder, Writing and tagged book cover, book review, firebird, news, preview, self publish, thunder, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.